Reports To: Director of Engineering
Position Type: Salaried
Become part of a vibrant, highly motivated team at Hatch Lighting that has an established presence in the LED lighting industry. Our product launch team delivers state-of-the-art power supply systems using a defined, team-oriented approach to developing and releasing the best products on the market.
Responsible for developing and executing an overall company strategy for ensuring high product quality for branded and custom design product:
- Development and execution of audit programs that demonstrate product quality.
- Monitoring of product performance in the field to identify product quality issues when they occur.
- Ensuring product manufacturing quality is considered throughout the product design process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates as product development team member responsible for ensuring design documentation addresses proper manufacturing quality requirements.
- Participate in engineering design reviews to ensure that product reliability is ensured from a design standpoint and to ensure that sample requirements and test programs are factored into project plans as needed.
- Develops supplier quality assurance process for inclusion as SOP into Hatch Quality Plan
- Develops product quality assurance process for inclusion as SOP into Hatch Quality Plan.
- Manages product and supplier quality assurance processes.
- Develops and implement acceptable quality level (AQL) program for each Hatch product line.
- Manages AQL programs for Hatch product lines.
- Conduct AQL testing and manage AQL data and reporting.
- Administer product quality quarantine activities including working with suppliers and engineering to disposition product and resolve quality problems. Communicate with sales regarding product holds.
- Administers RMA program. Develops and documents the RMA process and ensures that pertinent data is being collected. Reports on RMA trends such as by product line and failure mode.
- Guides, directs, and instructs lower level classifications. Ensures appropriate training is scheduled and accomplished for subordinates.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred. Commensurate experience will be considered.
Include resume, cover letter