POSITION TITLE: Supply Chain Specialist
POSITION TYPE: Full-time Permanent
REPORTS TO: Management
DATE: July, 2017
Hatch Lighting is searching for an experienced supply chain specialist to assist its engineering team in delivering state-of-the-art LED lighting systems and components.
Responsible for executing an overall company strategy for securing high-quality suppliers for critical components in LED lighting electronics: A. Develop and implement supply chain strategies. B. Negotiate optimum pricing for critical components C. Manage sourcing activities for custom and commodity components
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with engineering design team to develop completed bills of materials for lighting electronics.
- Negotiate component pricing for both new and ongoing programs to obtain lowest possible delivered cost to factory locations.
- Manage existing suppliers to ensure that prototype and development quantities of components and assemblies are delivered in accordance with development program requirements.
- Manage contract manufacturers by supplying bills of materials with complete part numbers and obtaining costed bills of materials and FOB cost back from CM’s.
- Manages continuous improvement initiatives, cost saving projects and supplier evaluations.
- Identify potential suppliers of goods to support the growing needs of the business.
- Balance demand plans with supplier capability, determines risks and capabilities of product supply.
- Assist in product cost analyses by developing alternative cost models.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the position.
- Travel to Asia approximately once per quarter required.
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, purchasing, or related field.
- Experience in working with engineering staff related to electronic product development.
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers.
- Experience working in an electronic circuit board assembly environment.
- CPSM certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of strategic purchasing, forecasting of inventory based on long-term orders.
- Must have strong computer skills to perform the essential duties, including creating spreadsheets, reports and e-mail correspondence.
- Must have a professional demeanor for both internal and external contacts.
- Must have a team-first attitude.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.